LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘To blame the UKIP councillors for Wisbech being run down is laughable. Wisbech has been deteriorating for the last decade at least through under investment when there were no UKIP councillors at all’
Having read Martin Curtis’s letter in the Wisbech Standard I had to remind myself that the elections are due to vote for MEPs in this area and the whole letter sounded like a party political broadcast.
To blame the UKIP councillors for Wisbech being run down is laughable. Wisbech has been deteriorating for the last decade at least through under investment when there were no UKIP councillors at all.
The problem lies with the Conservative dominated town and district councils who have allowed this to happen. The cuts that have been made on the budgets of the councils have been made by the cabinet system in county council and who was the leader, oh yes, Mr Curtis himself. Maybe he should be blaming himself.
I notice that while he was bad mouthing UKIP he somehow forgot to mention one of his fellow councillors up in court for firearm charges or the in house arguing amongst the Conservative councillors that has been going on lately or the renaming of the Hudson Centre and others for no apparent reason other than a whim by a Conservative member.
The truth is that they are scared of UKIP and will bad mouth them at every opportunity. If they spent more time and energy on doing their job and making Wisbech a better place its residents could be proud of their town and it would regain its pride as Capital of the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
Oh and by the way, have you wondered why Whittlesey is well looked after by the councils? Could that be because its Martin Curtis’s own backyard.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle