LETTER: Traffic in March town centre is only going to get worse as town expands
- Credit: Archant
This photo of Broad Street, March was taken about 1925.
The street then had ample space and vehicles were few and far between.
The only recognisable building is that occupied by Specsavers
Other shops altered beyond recognition are Boots and what used to Curry’s. Nowadays a problem at March is increasing traffic.
This was very noticeable before and after Christmas when vehicles queued along the riverside in Elwyn Road, as far as Deerfield Road, then they waited long periods to emerge onto High Street and Broad Street,
You may also want to watch:
I still see queues along Elwyn Road, and I think as the town expands, the situation will become far worse.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told