LETTER: Unsurprised by bin decision
I am not surprised that Fenland District Council rejected the petition to dump the £40 bin charge.
The fairest way surely is to charge every household a little extra on the rates. A lot of people will find the £40 charge unaffordable.
The council will need to keep a few vehicles ready to clear rubbish from the countryside.
Have the council considered where it can save cash along County Road?
Furthermore I am surprised, not for the first time, to see grass and weeds growing along the banks at Nene Parade, standing 12 inches high.
You may also want to watch:
This area is or should be a picturesque part of March which attracts a growing number of water tourists from considerable distances. The grass should be reasonably cropped, similar to other places I know of.
Council employees receive a salary for whatever they do in the hours of employment, so where do the extra costs come in? Thanks to Mr Weetman for undertaking the petition.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire