LETTER: Watch out for accidents at new Whittlesey roundabout
The highways authority could be about to cause accidents outside Whittlesey, maybe even cited in any insurance claims.
Why? Well if you are driving on the A605 coming out of Whittlesey heading east there is a new sign and new high island roundabout.
The trouble is there is a road very shortly after the roundabout that the sign does not show and the island blocks the view.
If anyone turns right just after the roundabout, they are likely to be shunted. The driver of the car turning would be indicating right. The driver behind would be forgiven in thinking either they are going to do a u-turn; when the driver keeps his indicator on there is no time for the following driver to work out if the other driver has just not cancelled the indicator.
There is no warning remember that there is a turning just after. When the schools start just wait for the possible crash as morning traffic is crazy around Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire