LETTER: We could learn something from Bronze Age man about beating flooding
Great pictures and write up about the findings at Must Farm in last week’s paper and your header on page three says it all: “Most round houses were built on dry ground but this one was on stilts”.
It almost makes you wish that Bronze Age man could return and show us how to make a causeway across Welney and Whittlesey Wash instead of having continual meetings about meetings to discuss how to resolve it.
We know the problem, let’s solve it. Bronze Age man knew and that was 3,000 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor