LETTER: We have serious infrastructure problems in March NE - it is clearly not the right place for all these extra homes
- Credit: Archant
What an excellent letter in the Cambs Times from Peter Tunley who obviously grasps the issues involved that over development would bring to the town of March.
Both the Fenland District Council Local Plan which stipulates a plan for building over the next 20 years in Fenland and the emerging March Town council neighbourhood plan have assessed development in March and identified, quite rightly, the problems associated with building development in the town due to its infrastructure as a small market town.
The north east area of March in particular being identified as a weak area to build in and therefore building development being restricted in that area of the town.
Our councils must now hold to the principles of both plans which offer common sense to building development to protect the interests of the community and all that reside within it.
Cllr Stephen Court
You may also want to watch:
March North Town and Fenland District Councillor.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery