LETTER: Well John Smithee on your ‘thoughtful’ contribution to cannabis debate
I must have missed John Smithee’s letter “the UK should follow Colorado’s example by legalising cannabis” when the paper published it a fortnight ago.
However, last week, I did stumble across Victoria Gillick’s letter “the cannabis debate”, containing an impassioned rant against John Smithee’s views.
Wondering what all the fuss was about, I found, and read, John’s letter. I‘d like to compliment him on a thoughtful, reasoned, and well argued contribution to an important debate.
What’s more, I’d also like to thank Mrs Gillick for making sure I didn’t miss the letter!
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed