LETTER: When the clocks go back make your time count
For many people, when the clocks go back, it means an extra hour in bed. But for those caring for a seriously ill child, that seemingly throwaway hour is incredibly precious.
I am calling on people across the country to use their extra hour when the clocks go back on October 25 to make a difference to families with a seriously ill child by backing Rainbow Trust’s Big Hour campaign.
Get your family, friends and colleagues involved in a teddy bear’s picnic, bake sale or round a golf or any activity that lasts just 60 minutes and make some lasting memories with those who matter while raising some much needed money for families in need.
The campaign runs from October 19 to 25.
Rainbow Trust provides emotional and practical support for families with a life threatened or terminally ill child.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to register your event visit www.rainbowtrust.org.uk/bighour or call 01372 220013.
Time is precious, make it count.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept