LETTER: Where has ‘our’ £10,000 gone?
Well done to Mick Gilbert for once again pointing out to the press and public the concerns we have for traffic along our adjoining Roads.
Since the first letter to Cambs Times was published no councillor has written any reply as to why monies that were won for traffic calming has been rejected. Has the £10,000 been put aside for their Christmas party, or for more 30mph signs for Jan French and her beloved Wimblington Road.
Now that the speed issue has been rejected by the dinosaurs of March Town Council they have given lorries, buses, cars and bikes the right to travel up and down these two roads at whatever speed they care to do.
I have sent pictures of Lorries travelling along these roads with their company names on to the police and councillors and nothing has ever changed. Let’s hope they enjoy their Christmas party.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k