LETTER: Where is this democracy?
History tells us of many empires that have come and gone down the ages.
It is interesting speculating about the cause of their downfall. The break down of moral standards often precedes their downfall.
We were once part of the biggest empire controlling a third of the world. Probably the first to give it away or sell it off. What is treason?
Our parents rose to the challenge in the last world war pulling together in the common cause. This is not my experience today, the policy seems to be to look after number one.
This leads to a society where there is constant friction and stress.
You may also want to watch:
Unless there is a change of attitude by the administration it will lead to the final disintegration of the greatest empire so far.
“And if a kingdom is divided against itself that kingdom cannot stand” - Mark 3.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
It was in ancient times that it was a green and pleasant land.
See what is planned for it today - bricks and concrete.
As the war veterans if it was worth it while they are still here. Where is this democracy?
It means everybody not just the cabinet for the EU vote.
While everyone is playing with their new electronic gadget anything can happen.