LETTER: Worried about war memorial
- Credit: Archant
I am concerned that the war memorial in March is not being looked after properly.
Somebody needs to ensure it is regularly maintained.
When I came into town this week I noticed a weed growing from it.
I’m ex service and am appalled as it is a memorial to the dead so am going to remove it myself.
In November everybody will be there for Remembrance Sunday but it is important to maintain it throughout the year.
To not look after it is a sign of disrespect.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues