LETTER: Worried about war memorial
- Credit: Archant
I am concerned that the war memorial in March is not being looked after properly.
Somebody needs to ensure it is regularly maintained.
When I came into town this week I noticed a weed growing from it.
I’m ex service and am appalled as it is a memorial to the dead so am going to remove it myself.
In November everybody will be there for Remembrance Sunday but it is important to maintain it throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
To not look after it is a sign of disrespect.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital