Leverington artist, 81, thrilled to sell first painting
- Credit: Archant
An 81 year-old artist is thrilled to have sold her first painting.
Barbara Bullen, of Leverington, has sold one of her oil paintings, which are on display at the Wisbech Craft Centre.
She has also donated one of her oil paintings to Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House - it has pride of place in the tea room.
Her love of painting started when she bought a book “How to draw” and in 2009 she joined the art club at Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House.
Mrs Bullen attributes her success to her art teacher Ian Milburn and the support of the members of the art group.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Selling this painting has given me a huge incentive to carry on and I want to thank Ian and my colleagues at the art club for all their encouragement and advice.”
Trustee Christine Pittman said: “We are all so proud of Brenda’s achievements and look forward to seeing more of the wonderful paintings being produced by Ian’s group.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire