Leverington newspaper delivery service launches postal service for Wisbech and surrounding villages
- Credit: Archant
A family run newspaper delivery firm has launched its own postal service today.
The service, which is provided by Webbs of Leverington, will cover Wisbech and 19 surrounding villages.
It will initially be available to the firm’s newspaper and magazine delivery customers, with guaranteed next day delivery – including Sundays – for just 30p, half the cost of a Royal Mail first class stamp.
This is only the second service of its kind in the country, following the launch of a service in the Somerset town of Wellington.
Brian Webb, who runs Webbs of Leverington, said: “We’ve been delivering people’s newspapers and magazines for 50 years – from today, we can deliver their post too.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that a lot of local people prefer to use the post rather than go on-line, and we also believe that a lot of local businesses will be attracted by our great value for money service.
“We think this new type of very local postal service is well suited to rural areas like ours.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For a full list of villages covered, see www.webbsofleverington.co.uk, and for more information, including how to buy stamps, contact Webbs on 0800 050 9838.
Webbs of Leverington is a family business which has been in home news delivery business since the 1950s.
It now has 46 delivery runs, making it one of the largest home news delivery newsagents in the country.