Council seek LGBT+ adopters and foster carers as part of campaign
- Credit: Facebook/CambsFRS
Cambridgeshire County Council is seeking lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adopters and foster carers this LGBT History Month.
To mark LGBT+ Adoption and Fostering Week, between March 1 and 7, the council is promoting the ‘Build Your Family’ campaign.
Councillor Simon Bywater, chairman of Cambridgeshire County Council's children and young people committee, said: “We know from many years of experience that LGBT+ people come with open minded enthusiasm about the possibilities of starting a family through adoption or fostering, however often misconceptions prevent them.
“All of our children have had a tough start in life but we reach out to everyone without prejudice to ask if you would be willing to offer a stable, warm and loving environment for our children and young people to grow and thrive. Fostering does not discriminate!”
There are around 745 children and young people in Cambridgeshire who need foster carers and the greatest need is for teenagers and brothers and sisters.
LGBT+ Adoption & Fostering week is organised by New Family Social, a charity that supports LGBT+ Adopters and Foster Carers across the UK.
If you are interested in fostering and want to find out more: call 0800 052 0078, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 9 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
If you feel adoption is better suited to you then call 0300 123 1093.