Life-changing year for March slimmer as she sheds five stone and is cleared of diabetes
A MARCH lady has come good on her New Year’s resolution and turned her life around in 2012.
Doreen Lenton has lost five stone and been cleared of diabetes since joining a slimming group at the beginning of the year,
She has struggled with her weight since she sustained a serious back injury in an accident 20 years ago which confined her to Stoke Mandeville Hospital’s spinal unit for more than a year, during which she was operated on 10 times.
The weight piled on and she developed high blood pressure, chest problems and sugar diabetes.
Mrs Lenton said she knew she had to change her lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “At the end of last year I looked in the mirror and thought enough was enough.
“I went along to the March slimming world group and was welcomed by everyone.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
“No one made me feel embarrassed because we were all there for the same reason.”
Mrs Lenton is thrilled with her transformation since she joined the group.
She said: “I feel great, my blood pressure is normal, my breathing is better and my diabetes has gone.
“Although I still have severe back pain I can manage it better now because the weight has gone and I now feel I am in control of my eating and back in control of my life again.”
For more information about Slimming World you can contact Helen at 07711 985276.