Life saving air ambulance team MAGPAS is given a boost thanks to fund raising by Fox Narrowboats in March.
- Credit: Archant
Fox Narrowboats in March have raised hundreds of pounds for the MAGPAS air ambulance base at Wyton.
Staff presented a cheque for £2,394.59 to the life-saving team which was raised from tombolas, boat trips at the town’s St George’s Fayre, evening skippered boat trips and sponsored walks.
Staff member Pam Wright even took on a challenge of walking 50km from Runnymede to Henley in Oxfordshire.
Steve Holt, director of Magpas fund raising, gave a tour of the base and spoke about how the funds raised would be spent, the equipment they currently have, their plans for the future and how the generosity of the public keeps the charity going- it relies solely on donations to provide 24/7 care to Cambridgeshire and the surrounding area.
Emily Syred said; “I was humbled by the job MAGPAS do on a daily basis, I hope people carry on supporting them as they hope to achieve enough funds to expand the helicopter operating hours providing lifesaving care for our region.”
You may also want to watch:
Pam said of her 12 hour marathon walk: “It was a challenging day but I was determined to complete it for such a good cause as you never know when you might need the services MAGPAS provide.”
Fox Narrowboats charity for 2017 is Kings Lynn based Scotty’s Little Soldiers, a military charity to help bereaved British Forces children. Work is already in hand preparing for the first event of the year at the St George’s Fayre.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Since 2013 Fox Narrowboats has raised more than £9,000 for good causes from charity of the year events.