Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Peterborough
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A 39-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man was found collapsed in Peterborough.
Emergency services were called at about 8.50pm yesterday (Sunday January 5) with reports that a man had received serious injuries in Lincoln Road, at its junction with Northfield Road, Peterborough.
Despite efforts from paramedics and medical staff, the man later died in hospital.
The death is being treated as a murder and a police cordon remains at the scene.
A 39-year-old man from Peterborough has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Lucy Thomson who is investigating said the death was being treated as an isolated incident.
She said: "We will be continuing enquiries today in and around the Lincoln Road area while our investigation into the death continues.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
"We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident."
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference 35/1271/20 of 5 January or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report