Line dancing extravaganza raises more than £3,500 for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
An all day line dancing event raised more than £3,500 for charity.
The dance extravaganza, which included masterclasses from international choreographers Dee Musk and Karl-Henry Wilson, raised £3520.90 for Cancer Research UK.
During the day a raffle and other fund-raising initiatives were held and in the evening DJs Richard Palmer and Lee Hugman performed sets.
The event, which was staged at Holbeach Community Centre, was organised by line dancing teachers Ron and Marion Bloye, of Sutton Bridge.
The day was particularly memorable for Marion, who was celebrating her 60th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
The pair teach on Tuesday evenings at the Braza Club in March from 7-10pm. (Beginners 7-8pm and Intermediates 8-10pm). For more information call Ron on 07554 008221
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory