Here’s everything you need to know about this year’s March Summer Festival – set times and activities at West End Park
- Credit: SUPPLIED
It’s that time of the year again! The annual March Summer Festival will be taking place in the town this weekend.
Each year our town puts on a show-stopping weekend of entertainment in West End Park which follows a colourful parade through High Street and Broad Street.
The music begins on Friday, June 7 when 'Rock in the Park' begins on the main stage - in front of the skate park - from 6.30pm with a performance by Jess Davis.
On Saturday (June 8), the annual classic vehicle and carnival parade will begin at 12pm before the gala opening in the park at 1.45pm - followed by parade trophies.
The first performance will begin at 2.3opm after the fancy dress competition. This year's theme is 'Space Travel and Aliens'.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Dickinson's Dance Mania will kick-off Saturday's entertainment, followed by Burrowmoor School's 'Country Dance' and The Casey Academy of Irish Dance.
The headliners this year are the Coldplay tribute band, Coldplace. They will play the festival out from 8pm for a 9.30pm finish.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
Sunday's entertainment will begin at 1pm with a performance from the Fenland Youth Orchestra, followed by March Ukulele and Can't Sing Choir.
Singers Superstition will bring the weekend festival to a close with a performance from 6.15pm for a 7.45pm finish.
The DOA Wrestling will be making a park return with the first match taking place on June 9 at 1pm and another at 3pm.
An event spokesman said: "Mafia brings his unique offence and brash attitude to West End Park as he will look to impress.
"His opponent is known as the Sassy Bear and will be strutting into the festival with his glitter and feather boa as only he can!
"These two men are complete opposites, but that will make an interesting confrontation."
Full set times:
Rock in the Park (on stage) - Friday, June 7
18.30: Jess Davis
18.55: Maria Marr
19.25: Ben McCarthy
20.50: Ctrl C
March Lions Gala (in park and on stage) - Saturday, June 8
From 11.00: Lions charity stalls and traders (in Park)
12.00: Classic Vehicle Parade/March Carnival Parade and floats.
13.45: Grand Opening of Gala and Presentations of trophies for parade
14.00: Fancy Dress Competition - Space Travel and Aliens theme.
14.30: Lisa Dickinson's "Dance Mania"
15.05: Burrowmoor School - Country Dance
15.30: The Casey Academy of Irish Dance
15.55: Urban Dance Academy
Pop in the Park (on stage) - Saturday, June 8
17.40: Catch 22
Picnic in the Park - Sunday, June 9
13.00: Fenland Youth Orchestra
13.45: March Ukulele & Can't Sing Choir
15.45: Lenny Stone Band
17.45: Grand Prize Draw