Listen to live music acts at new Haddenham venue - with special St Patrick’s Day event planned
- Credit: Archant
A former sports bar has been revamped into a countryside pub offering visitors the chance to listen to live music.
The Cherry Tree Haddenham was recently given a makeover by new landlady Sharon Power and now serves craft ales, lagers and handmade dishes.
Coming from a musical background, Ms Power decided to call some of her contacts to help with entertainment at the venue too.
Live Music events now take place every weekend with artists from London such as Lucy Layton and Mojo Hands.
Local talent is also showcased with a St Patricks Day event taking place next Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will see Josh Robins, Harri Beasly and popular band The men they couldn’t Hang take to the stage.
Ms Power said: “They are a massive band with a huge following , we would like the local people of Ely and Haddenham and surrounding areas to enjoy this concert for free to say hello and let them see the changes made at the Cherry Tree. That day we will be open from midday serving all things Irish including food and of course Guinness. We also have the local Cambridge Irish dancers on at 7pm.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
For more information visit: www.cherrytreehaddenham.co.uk or www.facebook.com/events/173656219946354/