Lithuanian charged with murder following discovery of woman’s body at Peterborough in a suitcase missing her arms, legs and head
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of a woman in Peterborough have charged a man.
Vytautas Jokubauskas, 57, of Mayor’s Walk, Peterborough, has been charged with murdering 42-year-old Ramute Butkiene.
Ramute’s torso was discovered at a property in Mayor’s Walk on Friday afternoon.
Some body parts have been discovered in Peterborough but searches are continuing.
Jokubauskas remains in police custody and is due to appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning (June 11).
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem on the body of the victim, which was missing its head, arms and legs,took place earlier this week at Peterborough City Hospital.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire