Litter and parking need sorting in Wisbech
I read with interest the article about how many fixed penalty notices (FPN) have been issued by the Fenland District Council enforcement teams in the four Fenland Towns.
I cannot comment on March, Whittlesey or Chatteris but being a Wisbechian I find it astounding that only 18 litter offences received a FPN in twelve months, that’s one and a half a month.
But even more astounded that no FPNs were issued for bad parking in the town. Can I ask how many Officers FDC has in their litter and car parking offence teams?
Can I also ask how often they patrol the streets of each Fenland Town?
Can I also ask that, if I capture either a litter or car parking offender on camera, I can receive a bounty of, say half the price of a FPN, as I would be doing the job of an FDC enforcement officer?
I suspect the answers to the above questions will be - not many, very seldom and no.
Hey ho, let the law abiding carry on putting their litter in bins and parking legitimately, whilst everyone else can do what they please.
- 1 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 2 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
Frustrated but law abider.