Litter pickers set to spruce up March and Manea with new cleaning kit
- Credit: Archant
Two of Fenland’s dedicated Street Pride groups have been presented with a handy gift to celebrate their tenth anniversaries.
The groups in March and Manea have each received a Handi-Cart to mark a decade of helping to keep their communities clean and tidy.
The lightweight piece of kit is easily manoeuvrable and designed to make the groups’ litter picking activities easier. The carts incorporate two bags to separate and sort litter into general waste and items for recycling and can hold more than 32 kilograms of rubbish.
Councillor Peter Murphy, Fenland District Council’s Portfolio Holder for Environment, recently presented the gifts and joined the groups as they tried them out for the first time.
He said: “Groups like this have done an incredible amount over the years for their communities, helping to make Fenland a clean, green and safe place for all to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
“All our volunteers with Street Pride, In Bloom and the various Friends groups do a wonderful job across the district and long may that continue. At the same time, I know they would love more helpers to join them. It’s the perfect way to get involved with the local community and make a big difference while getting some fresh air and meeting new people.”
For more information about Street Pride and to join a local group contact Rebecca Robinett, Fenland District Council’s Street Pride coordinator, on 01354 654321 or email email@example.com
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges