Little Downham driver dies after his car collides with tree on outskirts of Murrow near Wisbech
A LITTLE Downham man died in single vehicle accident near Wisbech between Saturday night and Sunday morning.
John James Roberts, 38, of Second Drove Little Downham, near Littleport, was the driver of a red Renault Laguna which collided with a tree.
His body was discovered by a passer by around 7am on Sunday and the emergency services called.
The body of Mr Roberts was discovered inside the car which had come to a halt on the B1187 near the Murrow village sign.
Mr Roberts was confirmed dead at the scene after fire fighters released the body from the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Heavy goods vehicles were diverted onto the A47 as emergency services attended the incident.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'