Little Downham driver dies after his car collides with tree on outskirts of Murrow near Wisbech
A LITTLE Downham man died in single vehicle accident near Wisbech between Saturday night and Sunday morning.
John James Roberts, 38, of Second Drove Little Downham, near Littleport, was the driver of a red Renault Laguna which collided with a tree.
His body was discovered by a passer by around 7am on Sunday and the emergency services called.
The body of Mr Roberts was discovered inside the car which had come to a halt on the B1187 near the Murrow village sign.
Mr Roberts was confirmed dead at the scene after fire fighters released the body from the vehicle.
Heavy goods vehicles were diverted onto the A47 as emergency services attended the incident.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday