Littleport band hoping to hit the right note at championships
LITTLEPORT’S famous brass band will be walking out on stage in Cheltenham on September 22 to play in finals of the National Brass Band Championship of Great Britain.
The band is representing the London & Southern Counties Area, having qualified for the contest back in March and will be competing against 16 other bands from across the UK.
Over the past few months, as well as entertaining audiences by performing concerts, the band have been working hard rehearsing the set test piece.
A spokesman said: “We have spent a lot of time working on the music, reaching the national finals is a great achievement for Littleport Brass and we want to do our best on stage.
“The band is really looking forward to the experience; our musical director, Nigel Bramley, has been pushing us hard and hopefully all of our efforts will be worth it!”
You may also want to watch:
Since Nigel took over as musical director in 2007, Littleport Brass has made significant progress both on the concert and contest stage; culminating in the band being promoted to the first section in 2013 for the first time in its 130-year history.
The band’s website can be accessed via: http://littleportbrassband.org. If you would like to hear the band later in the year, they will be giving a Christmas themed concert on December 16 in Littleport Village Hall, starting at 2pm.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March