Littleport’s Lyn and Cathy tie the knot
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Life community magazine editor, Lyn de Swarte, and its ‘roving reporter’ and advertising manager, Cathy Gibb, were married in a private ceremony at Ely Register Office.
The ceremony last Wednesday (20) had witnesses: Matron of honour, Ms Jacqui Burford and best man, the Rt Rev Nick Brown, who are also Littleport Life committee members.
Ms Burford is one of its proof readers and the Rev Nick is chairman, layout and assistant editor.
All four are founder members of the Greater Littleport and District New Spiritualists’ Society.
The Most Rev Lyn, a retired journalist, is a member of the Fen Centre committee and author of ‘Women and Sport’ among other books and is also project director of the Littleport Ice Stadium Project.
You may also want to watch:
The happy couple enjoyed a wedding breakfast with friends and family at the Hereward afterwards and are now getting on with all the community activities for which they are well-known – and the 40th anniversary issue of Littleport Life magazine.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire