Living history project
A FENLAND nursing home hopes a Victorian market stall will help recreate a sense of history for residents. The Gables Nursing Home at Eastrea has been chosen to take part in a Living History project. With help from relatives and friends from the local com
A FENLAND nursing home hopes a Victorian market stall will help recreate a sense of history for residents.
The Gables Nursing Home at Eastrea has been chosen to take part in a Living History project. With help from relatives and friends from the local community, the home hopes to develop nostalgic features based on residents' experiences.
Residents and staff from The Gables have chosen to produce a Victorian market stall selling old-fashioned sweets and cards.
The home is calling on any history enthusiasts or volunteers who may like to get involved.
The Living History project is an initiative from BUPA Care Homes and BUPA Community Connections.
It is intended to help residents look back and incorporate their memories in a lasting feature at the home. Other features to be produced include reminiscence areas, complete with items and memorabilia from a particular era, books of residents' memories or stories, and themed murals.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
If you would like to volunteer to help The Gables with its project or if you have any items that you would like to donate contact the home on 01733 351252 or email TheGablesALL@BUPA.com