Living history project
A FENLAND nursing home hopes a Victorian market stall will help recreate a sense of history for residents. The Gables Nursing Home at Eastrea has been chosen to take part in a Living History project. With help from relatives and friends from the local com
A FENLAND nursing home hopes a Victorian market stall will help recreate a sense of history for residents.
The Gables Nursing Home at Eastrea has been chosen to take part in a Living History project. With help from relatives and friends from the local community, the home hopes to develop nostalgic features based on residents' experiences.
Residents and staff from The Gables have chosen to produce a Victorian market stall selling old-fashioned sweets and cards.
The home is calling on any history enthusiasts or volunteers who may like to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
The Living History project is an initiative from BUPA Care Homes and BUPA Community Connections.
It is intended to help residents look back and incorporate their memories in a lasting feature at the home. Other features to be produced include reminiscence areas, complete with items and memorabilia from a particular era, books of residents' memories or stories, and themed murals.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
If you would like to volunteer to help The Gables with its project or if you have any items that you would like to donate contact the home on 01733 351252 or email TheGablesALL@BUPA.com