Local businesses urged to get involved with apprenticeship event at Neale Wade Academy in March
- Credit: Archant
Neale-Wade Academy in March is looking for local businesses to support students during National Apprenticeship Week.
The Academy, in conjunction with the Skills Service, is holding a careers and recruitment day to tie in with week, where students have the opportunity to meet potential future employers.
“This is an excellent opportunity for students to engage with local employers,” said Jason Wing, executive principal of Neale-Wade Academy.
“We know that this sort of activity supports students in preparing for the next stage in their education or training.
“It also raises the profile of local businesses with young people and showcases the variety of opportunities there are in the community.”
More than 20 businesses have registered for the event, including Smurfit Kappa, Stainless Metalcraft, the British Army, NHS, Barclays Bank, Allpress Farms and Peterborough United Football Club.
Part of the focus of the day is to raise the profile of apprenticeships for school leavers as an alternative to university or college.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Businesses will have the opportunity to advise students on the world of work, the various different routes into employment and the benefits of working in their sector.
The eventis on March 16 from 9am to 5pm.
If you are interested in supporting the event, please contact Sam Mandley, director of careers and curriculum at Neale-Wade on email@example.com.