Fly tippers may have left valuable clue at the scene
- Credit: FixMyStreet
The person who tipped off Fenland Council about fly tipping in Wisbech is hopeful clues left at the scene can track those responsible.
A photo of the large quantity of rubbish near Rummer Farm North, Wisbech, was sent to the website FixMyStreet.
The website collates all tip-off about fly tipping and sends it reports directly to the council concerned – in this instance Fenland.
The photo was uplifted to FixMyStreet at 5.49pm on Wednesday anonymously.
It was accompanied by the message: “More fly tipping; looks like builders' rubbish.
“There seems to be paper in amongst the rubbish which might have an address on it?”
FixMyStreet often deals with thousands of incidents a day – in the past week for instance it has received 11.956 reports of such incidents.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
It is an independent website, built by the charity mySociety.
“We wanted to make it easier to report problems in your community, even if you don't know who those reports should go to,” says a statement on their website.
“So, we made FixMyStreet. All you have to do is type in a postcode – or let the site locate you automatically – and describe your problem. Then we send your report to the people whose job it is to fix it.
To contact FixMyStreet click here
FixMyStreet covers the whole of the UK. No matter where you are, the only thing you ever have to remember is our web address – FixMyStreet.com.”