Local Fen Landscape Team Helps Children In Need
- Credit: Archant
A Fen gardening expert has used his skills to help create an outstanding outdoor area for a BBC Children In Need special.
Ivor Andrews, from Welney-based Giles Landscapes, was involved in a DIY SOS special where he helped design and plant a new garden for family charity Little Miracles.
Mr Andrews was onsite at the charity’s base in Peterborough for four days where he helped create the new garden alongside TV show stars Chris Beardshaw and Nick Knowles.
Mr Andrews is one of the most highly qualified supervisors at Giles Landscapes and was described by managing director Roger Giles as: “One of our most enthusiastic plants men.”
Giles Landscapes plans to continue helping the charity by teaming up with Granta Park, Cambridge, to raise money for Little Miracles.
You may also want to watch:
The program will be aired in November 2013 as part of Children In Need week.
Giles Landscaping, which has been running for nearly 30 years, is a landscape and garden designer company serving East Anglia, the East Midlands and North London regions, from its base at Welney.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Little Miracles is a family charity that offers support and guidance for families who need a helping hand and also for children with special needs.