Local Generation sponsors March dance troupe £1,000 to perform at London show
- Credit: Archant
MARCH based company Local Generation has sponsored Sarah’s Street Style Dance £1,000 to enable them to take part in a prestigious London show later this year.
The donation will help pay for transport and costumes for 40 young dancers, aged from five to 25, who will perform at Street Dance International’s show at the Indigo O2 in London on Sunday April 7.
Sarah White, dance instructor at Sarah’s Street Style Dance, said: “Their donation definitely makes a big difference.
“With the number of dancers we have got taking part in the show it helps us to pay for costumes and with the cost of travelling down to London.”
Dance troupes from all over the country will come together at the April show, which promises to be one of the highlights of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Ms White said: “We have been rehearsing for the show since Christmas. There will be two teams of 20 taking part and we have to perform six minute routines.”
Local Generation transform food waste into renewable energy and green products.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Their anaerobic digestion plant at March opened a year ago and is now fully operational.
Lee Belger, process manager for Local Generation, said: “Local Generation is passionate about being part of the community and supporting local initiatives.
“We are hugely impressed by their dedication and discipline and wish them the very best of luck at this event.”