The Tour of Cambridgeshire attracts riders from across the UK - but here’s how our local Fen cyclists fared
- Credit: Archant
The Tour of Cambridgeshire saw healthy representation from in and around the Fens and Ely at the weekend.
Hundreds of riders from across the UK including eight riders from the county took part in this year's Gran Fondo cycle event to and from the East of England Showground in Peterborough
In the Men's 100-mile race, Matthew Clarkson of Wisbech Wheelers raced in first out of the eight Cambridgeshire representatives at a time of 4:28:03 within a 570-strong field.
Fellow Wisbech teammate Andrew Jenkins completed the course in 4:45:16, with Ely & District CC's Ferenc Vanhoutte and Mark Mathews finishing in 135th and 269th respectively.
In the UCI Chrono event, Alison Fox flew the flag for Ely & District CC, coming 55th out of 82 riders, with Jenkins the leading man with 42.56.
Ely Tri Club's sides competed in the Team Chrono event, with both Men's and Women's sides taking part.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
GRAN FONDO 100-MILE RACE (MEN'S)
62nd Matthew Clarkson (Wisbech Wheelers, 4:28:03), 135th Ferenc Vanhoutte (Ely & District CC, 4.45.13), 144th Andrew Jenkins (Wisbech Wheelers, 4:45:16), 269th Mark Mathews (Ely & District CC, 5:09:01), 280th Philip Merritt (Fenland Clarion, 5:10:49), 330th Jason Brown (Cambridgeshire CC, 5:29:13), 441st Stuart May (Whittlesey Wheelers, 5:50:25), 431st Doug Wylie (Ely Tri Club, 5:47:38).
UCI CHRONO (MEN'S)
75th Steve Maile (Fenland Clarion, 35:18), 266th Andrew Jenkins (Wisbech Wheelers, 42.56), 306th Richard Crook (Fenland Clarion, 45:18).
UCI CHRONO (WOMEN'S)
58th Melanie Evans (Fenland Clarion, 46.41).
Ely Tri Club: Men's A (100th, 44.07), Men's B (120th, 46.23), Men's C (156th, 49.42; 157th, 49.44; 158th, 49.46). Women's A (123rd, 46.34), Women's B (178th, 53.47; 179th, 53.48; 180th, 53.50; 181st, 53.50).