The Tour of Cambridgeshire attracts riders from across the UK - but here’s how our local Fen cyclists fared
- Credit: Archant
The Tour of Cambridgeshire saw healthy representation from in and around the Fens and Ely at the weekend.
Hundreds of riders from across the UK including eight riders from the county took part in this year's Gran Fondo cycle event to and from the East of England Showground in Peterborough
In the Men's 100-mile race, Matthew Clarkson of Wisbech Wheelers raced in first out of the eight Cambridgeshire representatives at a time of 4:28:03 within a 570-strong field.
Fellow Wisbech teammate Andrew Jenkins completed the course in 4:45:16, with Ely & District CC's Ferenc Vanhoutte and Mark Mathews finishing in 135th and 269th respectively.
In the UCI Chrono event, Alison Fox flew the flag for Ely & District CC, coming 55th out of 82 riders, with Jenkins the leading man with 42.56.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Tri Club's sides competed in the Team Chrono event, with both Men's and Women's sides taking part.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
GRAN FONDO 100-MILE RACE (MEN'S)
62nd Matthew Clarkson (Wisbech Wheelers, 4:28:03), 135th Ferenc Vanhoutte (Ely & District CC, 4.45.13), 144th Andrew Jenkins (Wisbech Wheelers, 4:45:16), 269th Mark Mathews (Ely & District CC, 5:09:01), 280th Philip Merritt (Fenland Clarion, 5:10:49), 330th Jason Brown (Cambridgeshire CC, 5:29:13), 441st Stuart May (Whittlesey Wheelers, 5:50:25), 431st Doug Wylie (Ely Tri Club, 5:47:38).
UCI CHRONO (MEN'S)
75th Steve Maile (Fenland Clarion, 35:18), 266th Andrew Jenkins (Wisbech Wheelers, 42.56), 306th Richard Crook (Fenland Clarion, 45:18).
UCI CHRONO (WOMEN'S)
58th Melanie Evans (Fenland Clarion, 46.41).
Ely Tri Club: Men's A (100th, 44.07), Men's B (120th, 46.23), Men's C (156th, 49.42; 157th, 49.44; 158th, 49.46). Women's A (123rd, 46.34), Women's B (178th, 53.47; 179th, 53.48; 180th, 53.50; 181st, 53.50).