Locks changed as tenant evicted from March town centre bar
LOCKS were changed and the licensee evicted today after Admiral Taverns reclaimed The Square bar in March town centre.
“This site has been re possessed by the owners” says posters put up on the windows of the former Exchange public house.
Sgt Dave Bax, police licensing officer, said they would be talking with the owners about the bar and possible new tenants.
He said in recent times The Square had gone “to high risk” because of the levels of anti social behaviour associated with it.
“It could be a nice little pub,” said Sgt Bax, pointing out however that it had become a problem for police and had been “adding to” issues in the Market Place.
Chester based Admiral Taverns operates around 2,000 pubs across the UK.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 9 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push