Long-service award for Fengrain grain trader who has notched up 25 years with the Wimblington-based firm
- Credit: Archant
Grain buyer Bill Longford has become the latest member of the Fengrain team to clock up 25 years of service.
Bill, who works with farmers across Cambridgeshire and is the co-op’s longest serving trader, was presented with a clock by Fengrain chairman Paul Wilkinson in celebration of this achievement.
He said: “The time has gone quickly – I am surprised that I have already reached 25 years. Fengrain is a co-op, but in many ways it is like working for a family business and it is a nice place to work with good people.”
Bill is the third member of the team to reach a long-service milestone this year - and the fifth in two years.
Paul Randle, business development director, said: “This highlights the level of commitment and loyalty that team members show the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of our staff come from the local community and we are very proud that Fengrain is an employer that people want to work for long-term. We are committed to investing in all our staff to enable them to develop their skills and grow with the business.”
The other four members of team with more than 25 years of service are: Karen Smith (trading office manager), Alison Colthart (accounts administration), Denise Darnell (health and safety officer) and Kevin Cooper (financial director).
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Karen, who has worked with the company in a variety of roles over the past 38 years, said: “I’ve grown up with this company and they do look after you. We work hard, but it is a friendly place and a good place to work.”
Denise, who started with the company as a receptionist in 1988 and is now health and safety officer,
Kevin was born and bred in March and started with the company in April 1987 as an assistant account. He became company accountant nine years later and then financial director in 2007.