Looking back: Oh yes, we can-can
WHAT happened to the Can-Can dancers from the Queen s Boys School, Wisbech? That s the question we asked in our issue of January 13. The brave teenagers donned music hall costumes back in 1965 and we wondered if any would own up to it. Former head boy Ra
WHAT happened to the Can-Can dancers from the Queen's Boys' School, Wisbech? That's the question we asked in our issue of January 13.
The brave teenagers donned music hall costumes back in 1965 and we wondered if any would own up to it.
Former head boy Ray Newton was brave enough - he is on the right of the back row.
He remembers the concert was to raise money for the swimming pool at Corporation Road to be built or re-covered. It was organised by two teachers, husband and wife team, the Carnsons. The boys in the picture were members of the fifth form.
You may also want to watch:
Ray could also name Harry Moules (front row, far right), and one of the Virgo triplets, Paul (front row second from left). He could also recall Trevor Jackson of Friday Bridge.
Ray, who went into banking, said: "I now live and work in central London but would like to make it clear I no longer dress up like this, nor did I make a career out of dancing!
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire