Lorry left A141 between March and Chatteris and ‘almost landed in field’ in crash which closed the road for hours
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A lorry which left the A141 last night and almost landed in a nearby field closed the road between March and Chatteris for hours.
Police were called to the incident at around 5.45pm on Thursday, January 17 to reports of a “lorry blocking the road”
An eye witness said that the lorry had left the main stretch of road between March and Chatteris and had “almost [gone] in [the] field”.
Officers were forced to close the road while recovery took place – drivers were diverted via Doddington and Wimblington.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We had to shut the A141 completely between March and Chatteris whilst recovery was completed.”
It was around 9.15pm when the road was re-opened and the lorry was removed – closing the route for more than three hours.
At the time, Cambs Cops tweeted: “We are dispatched to a report of a road traffic collision on the A141 between Chatteris and March.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
“Report is that a lorry is blocking at the road at this time. Please avoid where possible.”