Lorry left A141 between March and Chatteris and ‘almost landed in field’ in crash which closed the road for hours
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A lorry which left the A141 last night and almost landed in a nearby field closed the road between March and Chatteris for hours.
Police were called to the incident at around 5.45pm on Thursday, January 17 to reports of a “lorry blocking the road”
An eye witness said that the lorry had left the main stretch of road between March and Chatteris and had “almost [gone] in [the] field”.
Officers were forced to close the road while recovery took place – drivers were diverted via Doddington and Wimblington.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We had to shut the A141 completely between March and Chatteris whilst recovery was completed.”
You may also want to watch:
It was around 9.15pm when the road was re-opened and the lorry was removed – closing the route for more than three hours.
At the time, Cambs Cops tweeted: “We are dispatched to a report of a road traffic collision on the A141 between Chatteris and March.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“Report is that a lorry is blocking at the road at this time. Please avoid where possible.”