Lorry driver’s first ever shift ends on its side as they roll artic into ditch on straight Fen road
- Credit: Twitter/@RoadPoliceBCH
A lorry driver on their first day at worked rolled an artic truck into a ditch on a “straight bit of road”.
There were severe delays on the B1040 at Whittlesey on Monday, December 2 at around 5.50pm after the large lorry left the road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Straight bit of road, albeit very bumpy, but somehow the driver has managed to park it like this.
"And It's his first day today... there will be delays in the area as the HGV, which is on its side in a field, gets recovered."
One resident said: "It's the Fens, and the road sinks as you are driving on what was the bottom of the sea.
You may also want to watch:
"I would think his near side wheels went into the soft verge, it's game over once that happens. He's not the first and he won't be the last."
Another added: "Has he ever had a HGV driving test, I wonder? First day out may be his last as his haulier won't be happy."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car