Lorry driver is fined £165
LORRY driver David Mandley, who was involved in a collision with a car near roadworks at Clews Corner at Chatteris, has admitted careless driving. Mandley blasted his horn after he was overtaken by a car as they approached temporary traffic lights — and w
LORRY driver David Mandley, who was involved in a collision with a car near roadworks at Clews Corner at Chatteris, has admitted careless driving.
Mandley blasted his horn after he was overtaken by a car as they approached temporary traffic lights - and when he pulled alongside the car at the lights, the two vehicles collided.
"It annoyed me a bit because he was driving at such a speed through the roadworks," 55-year-old Mandley, of Green Park, Chatteris, told Fenland magistrates on Wednesday.
"I used the horn to warn him about the roadworks.
You may also want to watch:
"I had to pull out to negotiate the roadworks, he stayed in the inside lane.
"I tried to pull him up a bit, but there was no intention of any impact."
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Mandley apologised for his actions on October 26 last year.
He was fined £165 with £35 costs, and four points were put on his driving licence.