‘Thank you from the bottom of my heart’ - lorry driver thanks helpers at crash scene
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver whose vehicle rolled into a ditch on the Forty Foot has publicly thanked passers-by for helping him.
Steve Offord is believed to be the driver of an HGV which came off the road and ended up in a ditch on Tuesday (December 8).
He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but was not seriously injured.
Later, he public thanked those who stopped to help him after the collision.
He said: “I am the HGV driver who had an accident this morning the Forty Foot road when I came off the road and rolled my truck.
“I would like to say a big thank you to the people who stopped and helped me.
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Police had to close a stretch of the Forty Foot bank between Chatteris and Benwick on Tuesday afternoon to recover the lorry.
The incident happened at around 9:10am near Ramsey Forty Foot.