‘Thank you from the bottom of my heart’ - lorry driver thanks helpers at crash scene
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver whose vehicle rolled into a ditch on the Forty Foot has publicly thanked passers-by for helping him.
Steve Offord is believed to be the driver of an HGV which came off the road and ended up in a ditch on Tuesday (December 8).
He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but was not seriously injured.
Later, he public thanked those who stopped to help him after the collision.
He said: “I am the HGV driver who had an accident this morning the Forty Foot road when I came off the road and rolled my truck.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a big thank you to the people who stopped and helped me.
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 7 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Community fridge welcomes surplus food from farmers
Police had to close a stretch of the Forty Foot bank between Chatteris and Benwick on Tuesday afternoon to recover the lorry.
The incident happened at around 9:10am near Ramsey Forty Foot.