Driver can only watch as his lorry burns out in dramatic A14 fire
- Credit: Archant
A driver escaped injury last night after his lorry was destroyed in a fire on the A14.
Fire crews from Kimbolton, Huntingdon and a water carrier from Ramsey were called out to tackle the blaze.
A fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a lorry on fire on the westbound carriageway near Catworth.
“Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reels and a jet.”
The crews returned to their stations by 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle