Three people suffer ‘minor injuries’ despite lorry rolling onto car at Isle of Ely Way between March and Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Three people were treated for ‘minor injuries’ last night after a lorry rolled on top of a car on the A141 Isle of Ely Way between March and Chatteris.
The road was closed from the Doddington junction to Chatteris and police officers warned motorists to “avoid the area and seek alternative routes”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “Amazingly only minor injuries to occupants of the car. The road was closed for some time due to recovery work.”
The incident, which happened on October 15 at around 7pm, sparked various comments on social media. One user said: “Wow, God was watching over them.”
Another added: “They must have had a guardian angel with them in the car.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Brown, director of service delivery at the East of England Ambulance Service, said: “Supporting our teams with HGV rolled onto a car A141 Wimblington.
“Amazingly three patients [suffered] minor injuries. Great team work.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, The East of England Ambulance Service and Magpas were all in attendance.