Losing weight is not just a thing women need help with! Male consultant starts Slimming World group in March
- Credit: Archant
A slimming group is being launched by a floor layer who is hoping more men will be encouraged to lose weight to get fit and healthy when they realise it is not just a thing for women.
Nik Penn said: “I am hoping that with a male consultant it will encourage more men to join and successfully lose weight once they realise that it’s not just for women.
“There are less than 10 per cent of consultants that are male. So it is quite unusual.”
Nik has been inspired to open a Slimming World group in March after losing three and a half stone.
He said: “A little over a year ago I joined Slimming World as a member here in March, and since then I have lost 3.5 stone to get to my own personal achievement target without being hungry and eating loads of lovely foods which you wouldn’t believe.
You may also want to watch:
“In January I launched my very own group which was held at The Winch pub on the A10 West Winch and have now taken over at March as permanent consultant.
“We are a warm and friendly group of like minded people who are all here for the same reason, our weight loss journeys.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Nik, a floor layer for Bourne Blinds And Flooring of Marshland st James, said: “We have a great time at group and have fun while helping and supporting each other.”
• His group is at the Roman Catholic Church Hall on St John’s Road, march, on Thursday for a 5.30pm or 7.30pm start or call or text Nik on 07566 216933 for more info.