Losing weight ‘saved the life’ of Doddington woman who is awarded a bronze for her new slimming group
- Credit: Archant
A Doddington woman, who says losing three stone helped save her life when she suffered heart problems, has won a bronze award for helping people in the area shed weight - after just three weeks of opening the group.
Diane Baldry, who runs the village Slimming World, was given the bronze status for her newly launched morning group which has seen success in supporting people reach their dream weights, improve their health and change lives.
She said: “I am delighted to receive the award. After just three weeks since opening the group I feel passionately about helping people transform their lives by losing weight in the same way I did when I lost three stone with Slimming World in 2009.
“Losing weight has made me healthier and saved my life after I suffered a serious heart problem 18 months ago thanks to Slimming World and Papworth hospital I survived.
“Seeing the members in my Doddington morning group of all ages reach target weight is so rewarding.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the award belonged to members of the morning group which compliments the evening group’s gold award achieved last year.
The accolades are awarded to consultants who successfully build vibrant and dynamic groups of around 50 members.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Doddington Slimming World meets on Mondays in the Methodist chapel behind the clock tower at 9.30am, 3.30pm, 5.30pm and 7.30pm.