Doddington woman Lou Clark to run Virgin Money London Marathon AND Manchester Marathon in April
- Credit: LOU CLARK
A Doddington woman has a busy April ahead of her as she prepares to take on the London and Manchester marathons in aid of the MACS charity.
Lou Clark will be running for the Microphthalmia, Anophthalmia and Coloboma Support (MACS), a charity which helps children born without or with underdeveloped eyes.
Ms Clark said: “I am very grateful to have been given this opportunity to fundraise for such a lovely little charity and run the London Marathon.
“Running is a huge passion of mine and do it and help raise money for a brilliant cause is what it is all about why not do something you love but also help others along the process too.”
Ms Clark has already held her own fundraising bingo night and six fitness classes at her local gym to raise cash for MACS. She says she is “very proud” of herself.
You may also want to watch:
Are you from Cambridgeshire and running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon? We’d love to feature you in our newspaper, online and in print.
Please email your name, age, where you live and the cause you are running for to email@example.com – include ‘London Marathon 2019’ in the subject area.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Please keep submissions between 150-200 words and make sure you attach a photograph. Remember to leave contact details so we can catch up with you after the race. Good luck!