‘Love it, cook it, share it’, say Coates couple who’ve lost 9st 5lb thanks to Slimming World
- Credit: Archant
A couple who say sharing the same healthy foods enabled them to lose a combined weight of 9st 5lb in five months have helped launch a month-long food festival in Coates.
The Coates Monday Slimming World group celebrated the start of Free Food February, which is named after the healthy ‘Free Foods’ members can enjoy without weighing, counting or measuring when on Slimming World’s food optimising eating plan.
And the launch party saw JJ Taylor and Lucy Bowers named the group’s Couple of the Year 2016, too.
Free Food February is being held in Slimming World groups nationwide throughout February and it coincides with the publication of Slimming World’s latest recipe book Free Food Feasts.
Members of the Coates group, which is held every Monday at Coates Primary School, created a delicious feast for the event using ‘free foods’ that include fruit, vegetables and lean meats.
Now the slimmers have challenged one another to share their new love of healthy food with the local community, including cooking for their families, hosting dinner parties for their friends and making nibbles for their colleagues.
JJ, 24, and Lucy, 22, certainly believe preparing, cooking and eating the same meals and supporting one another has been key to their success.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
JJ, who has lost 6st 1/2 lbs, said: “When we first joined Slimming World we couldn’t believe how much food we could eat and still lose weight. We enjoy spending time in the kitchen together and love sharing our new recipes with family and friends.”
Lucy, who is 3st 4 1/2lbs lighter since joining Slimming World, added: “We’re lucky because as well as the support we had from each other, our family and the rest of the group have also been there for us. If we’ve ever struggled there has always been someone ready to suggest a new idea or remind us why we shouldn’t give up. I don’t think we could have achieved all we have without the support of our consultant Anna and the rest of the group.”
Anna Foster, who runs the group, said: “Seeing their weight come down week after week has been a joy. They’re a real inspiration to the rest of the group, including me and I’m very proud of them.”
For more information contac tAnna on 07539229365 or visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk