Love it then lock it! Wisbech police report spate of bike thefts
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Police are urging people to lock up their bikes securely after a spate of thefts in the area.
“Love it then lock it,” is the message people need to take on board said a police spokesman, who urged cyclists to not let thieves make off with their mode of transport.
“There have been a large number of cycle thefts from Wisbech over the past few weeks,” the spokesman said.
“When leaving your bike, please ensure it is locked with a substantial heavy duty cycle lock.
“Thieves have been targeting those cycles which are not locked, or those with less substantial locks.”
You may also want to watch:
Within the space of a week people on Facebook page Wisbech Discussion reported that one bike was taken and dumped by a woman’s car in Wisbech on Tuesday 4.
Another was taken from the bike shed near The Case in the town centre on Friday 30 while another was dumped in Wisbech last Wednesday (28).
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone who has any information about stolen cycles is urged to call police on 101.