Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- Credit: SARA VAUGHAN
"I am absolutely heartbroken to think that I have lost my soulmate and best friend in such a cruel and unfair way."
Those are the words of March woman Sara Vaughan, whose husband of nine-and-a-half-years Lucan was killed in a crash last week.
"I had the honour of being married to Lucan for the past nine and a half years and we had been together for the past 17," Sara said.
"Lucan was the kindest person you could ever be lucky enough to meet."
Several stunning floral tributes have also been left at Marwick Road, near the B1101 Elm Road in March where the collision happened on June 18.
Police were called at about 6am with reports of a collision between a grey Mercedes C220, a grey Audi A4 and a Blue Ford Galaxy, which was parked with no-one inside, on Elm Road, March.
You may also want to watch:
42-year-old Lucan, of Russell Avenue, March, was the driver of the Audi
The driver of the Mercedes, a man in his 20s from March, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
He remains at Addenbrooke's hospital where he is being treated for serious injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
Detective Sergeant Mark Dollard, who is investigating, said: “I would be particularly keen to hear from any Elm Road residents who may have CCTV footage capturing the collision.
“Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact us via web chat, online forms or 101 quoting incident 72 of June 18.”