Lucky escape for Fenland family after suspected carbon monoxide leak
A FAMILY had a lucky escape when they fled their home after experiencing headaches from a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
Control operators received a 999 call from a resident in Gorefield Road, Leverington, on Saturday who said that their carbon monoxide (CO) alarm was sounding.
The person was told to get their family out of the home as quickly as possible.
Two fire crews from Wisbech entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and made the house safe by switching off the power supplies and ventilating the property.
A fire service spokesperson said: “Make sure all gas appliances are serviced once a year by a Gas Safe registered technician.
You may also want to watch:
“Most importantly make sure you have a CO alarm installed as this is an odourless gas and without an alarm you may not notice a leak until it is too late.”
Paramedics carried out a precautionary check on the family of two adults and two children at the scene. They were unharmed in the incident.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire