Lucky Whittlesey shopper enjoys supermarket trolley dash after winning top prize in church raffle
A LUCKY Whittlesey shopper has bagged a host of supermarket goodies after winning a trolley dash in St Andrew’s Church’s raffle.
Jane Black won top prize in the raffle, which gave her the opportunity to win a trolley of free shopping by racing up and down the aisles of the Co-op in Whittlesey.
Cheered on by her family, Mrs Black had two minutes to fill her trolley with as many items as possible - eventually reaching the check-out with around �110 worth of free goodies.
Reverend Nigel Whitehouse said the raffle, held by the Friends of St Andrew’s, had raised around �500 for the church.
He said: “It was the little girl’s ticket that won the first prize and she decided that her mum should stand in for her. She did very well and even managed to get the all important sweets that the girl had requested.
“It was an exceedingly good raffle. We very much appreciate the support we get from the town for both of our churches.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 10 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure