Lucky Whittlesey shopper enjoys supermarket trolley dash after winning top prize in church raffle
A LUCKY Whittlesey shopper has bagged a host of supermarket goodies after winning a trolley dash in St Andrew’s Church’s raffle.
Jane Black won top prize in the raffle, which gave her the opportunity to win a trolley of free shopping by racing up and down the aisles of the Co-op in Whittlesey.
Cheered on by her family, Mrs Black had two minutes to fill her trolley with as many items as possible - eventually reaching the check-out with around �110 worth of free goodies.
Reverend Nigel Whitehouse said the raffle, held by the Friends of St Andrew’s, had raised around �500 for the church.
He said: “It was the little girl’s ticket that won the first prize and she decided that her mum should stand in for her. She did very well and even managed to get the all important sweets that the girl had requested.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an exceedingly good raffle. We very much appreciate the support we get from the town for both of our churches.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'