Lucky Whittlesey shopper enjoys supermarket trolley dash after winning top prize in church raffle
A LUCKY Whittlesey shopper has bagged a host of supermarket goodies after winning a trolley dash in St Andrew’s Church’s raffle.
Jane Black won top prize in the raffle, which gave her the opportunity to win a trolley of free shopping by racing up and down the aisles of the Co-op in Whittlesey.
Cheered on by her family, Mrs Black had two minutes to fill her trolley with as many items as possible - eventually reaching the check-out with around �110 worth of free goodies.
Reverend Nigel Whitehouse said the raffle, held by the Friends of St Andrew’s, had raised around �500 for the church.
He said: “It was the little girl’s ticket that won the first prize and she decided that her mum should stand in for her. She did very well and even managed to get the all important sweets that the girl had requested.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an exceedingly good raffle. We very much appreciate the support we get from the town for both of our churches.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’