Luke, Chelsea and Louise successful pioneers of apprentice scheme at Greenvale in Floods Ferry, Doddington
- Credit: Archant
The first young people to undertake an apprentice training scheme at Greenvale’s Floods Ferry site have achieved success.
The apprentices have gained their intermediate level apprenticeship in food industry skills.
Luke Cannon, Chelsea Elmer and Louise Youles, were selected to join the programme following a rigorous selection process at the end of 2014, which is set to be repeated in local schools this month.
Michelle Walker, Greenvale’s HR manager, said: “We are extremely impressed with how Luke, Chelsea and Louise have applied themselves over this past year. “These youngsters are the future of our business and we aim to give each apprentice knowledge and understanding to pursue a rewarding career in food manufacturing.”
Over the past year the apprentices have spent time working in various areas of potato production through a combination of study weeks and on-site assessments.
Having completed this stage, they are now progressing to the level three food safety module.
The scheme is delivered in association with the University of Lincoln, and was launched following the success of a similar programme at Greenvale’s Duns site in Berwickshire.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
Once the apprentices have completed their training, they will be assigned roles within the company to which they are best suited.